Join Us for an American History Summer Camp
Monday July 24 – Friday July 28, 2017
From Independence to Interdependence
Explore the journey from the Declaration of Independence
to the United Nations Charter
About the From Independence to Interference (FITI) Summer Camp:
A FUN Summer Camp in the United States to understand how the Founding Fathers of a new nation moved the nation from 13 separate worlds into one and then, with the US Constitution, moved them to be mutually more dependent on each other in a globally interdependent world.
Visit key sites in Philadelphia including Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Carpenter’s Hall, Constitution Center, US Mint, Federal Reserve Bank, Old City, and more.
Travel to New York City, visit the United Nations, and other sites of interest. Learn about the United Nations in an interdependent world, have a briefing on the Sustainable Development Goals, visit the General Assembly, Security Council and other parts of the UN, Take bus tour of parts of NYC.
Student Camp Package Includes:
- Pre-trip Orientation Videoconference Program (if needed)
- GEM guides for entire program upon arrival in Philadelphia
- Certificate of Participation
- All ground transportation
- Entrance to all sites – Meet and interact with James Wilson, Founding Father (portrayed by an Actor/Historian)
- From Independence to Interdependence Program at various locations around Philadelphia
- Lunch each day
Plus, for Lodging Package participants
- 5 nights (Sunday-Thursday) lodging at Chestnut Hill College - double occupancy rooms
- CHC Meals: Breakfast each morning (5) - Dinner (5)
In New York City
- Transportation to NYC and back
- FITI related Briefing at the United Nations
- Bus tour of parts of NYC.
Cost per Student:
Lodging Package - With Housing and meals: $950
Local Package - Without Housing, lunch only: $650
Limit: 30 participants
For Students: Grades 10, 11, 12 (15-18 years old)
A $100 Non-Refundable Deposit is required to hold your space. The $100 will be applied to the cost of the camp. Registration Deadline is July 1, 2017, or until spaces are filled.
Save your space at this amazing camp now via PayPal